Last night JR and I went to the hospital for Evan's evening feeding, as usual. We got there about an hour after the second blood transfusion finished (they didn't want to give all the blood at once so they did it in two sessions over two days).
He woke up and started crying (when he wants to eat he wants to eat NOW) and he was so red. I was shocked. "He looks like a little tomato," I told JR. When he was calm, he was still so pink. "So is that the normal color for healthy babies?" I asked the nurse. Indeed. JR and I were so used to his pallor that it was so amazing to see him so pink (and red when crying).
This morning the nurse said he is very energetic, and he didn't have any episodes last night. I think this blood transfusion will help him so much; I have a feeling he'll be a lot better now.
Sunday or Monday the doctor wants to have a sleep study done. She is nervous he is still having episodes on and off, and wants a more thorough evaluation. They will transport Evan to the Children's hospital near Stanford Medical Center and do it there. Then, maybe he will be discharged from there. We shall see...
Friday, August 4, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Courage Karen!
C'est comme si tu accouchais tous les jours...
Mais l'heureux moment approche où tu l'auras at home pour votre plus grand bonheur!
Bises de tatie Christiane
Post a Comment