This post is about moral harassment. While it can include physical violence, that is not an essential element, as sometimes it is completely psychological:
"The aim is to cause psychological harm to the affected employee in order to exclude him from his work environment. Neither doctrine nor case law recognises this as an essential element, since in some cases, the harasser exercises the violence with no specific intention, although this cannot be an excuse for his/her extreme and prolonged violence."
This term is mostly used in Europe and is being incorporated into European labor laws, but of course Europe is more progressive than the U.S. in many ways. Here is good article on the topic.
I am experiencing some of this behavior at work right now. Not only is the CEO alienating me from the company and not allowing me to do my work (thus the blog entry during work hours!), management also tried to make me quit. This happens more often than I think most of us realize, and I think we should be aware of it.
What kind of people do this sort of thing? It can be anyone. It can be the leaders of a very successful company. Or, in this case, it can be leaders of a small, struggling company.
Luckily I have a wonderful husband and son, and other great family and friends who are giving me their support. I look forward to a new job and to being in healthy environment!
No comments:
Post a Comment