Jean-Robert is the one planting; I'm the one lounging... This weekend JR did a lot of gardening, and despite any complaining, I know he truly loves it. Yesterday he led me around a couple nurseries, his eyes bright and his voice passionate as he proclaimed "I am going to plant more camelias!" Much like someone training for a marathon might say "Wow that 20 mile run was awesome yesterday! My quads are so sore!" JR will say after a day of gardening "Man, my legs are killing me!". He is satisfied with his new sport.
While he hoed, shoveled, and planted, I was relaxing. Nina and I, that is. And no, that "Project Leadership" book is not just for show or to hide my enormous belly--I really was reading it! Not 
that I was completely lazy all weekend--I did work at unpacking, organizing the house, and doing laundry. Isn't that exciting! Maybe not really, but since I am nesting after all, it feels pretty good.
And finally, here's Nina, lounging in the evening sun. She's so naive and unsuspecting; little does she know that in 2 1/2 months she will be tossed aside and attention-deprived! So soak it up while you can, little kitty!
And finally, I have to show the fruit of JR's labor...the garden. It is so beautiful with the roses, and there are many baby plants that will soon grow and bloom, making it even more magnificent. (The photos don't do it justice!)

No comments:
Post a Comment